Flaugh's Flaws
Flaugh's Flaws

Friday, September 22, 2006

Banned Books...day one, book 1

Okay so tomorrow offically starts the I read banned books week, but as I will be super busy tomorrow I am posting this now. I Love to read and I have read just about if not more than half of the books on the 100 list (Mir I linked to your list. I hope thats okay) . So it was hard for me to pick just 7. Even harder for me to pick which one to lead off with. So I think I am starting with one of the ones that really shocked me. Shel Silverstein's A Light in the Attic. Wow. I mean this is a book of kids poems. For the life of me I could not guess why this made the list. I can't remember the name of a lot of the poems but I know the one about selling your little sister is in there, and so is the one about picking your nose....come on, how can something so silly be offensive enough to be banned? I wish I could find a page that tells why each book is on the list. I am interested to know. I love Shel Silverstein. I hope to have all his books so Tanner can laugh at the off the wall poems and funny pictures. I want him to be able to laugh and when he's older he can tell his little brother or sister about it. So I found one poem in the book and thought I would post it so those of you who have not read the book can get and idea of the silliness of the poems.
Rockabye Rockabye baby, in the treetop Don't you know a treetop Is no safe place to rock? And who put you up there, And your cradle, too? Baby, I think someone down here's Got it in for you. So there you go. In one of the great reviews I read, someone said this book is "The light that never goes out" and I hope that it never does.

Posted by Heather Noel :: 9:18 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------