Flaugh's Flaws
Flaugh's Flaws

Friday, September 15, 2006

Unbelivable

So I was browsing my daily reads today and I came across two things that threw me for a loop. The first was at Mir's blog about a kid beauty pagent. (I got this pic from her site). Doesn't this look like a baby doll. I had do like triple take. This is a 2 year old. 2 YEARS OLD!!! Oh my god. What are they doing to these little girls? If you go to Mir's site she has the link to the article. This is just craziness...I want to know what 2 year old has hair like that. Why put you child through all of that? I mean you can't tell me that they actually enjoy doing this at 2. (Sighs) I just don't understand. Right now I am glad I dont have a little girl. Because the minute she was old enough and wanted to do this kind of thing I would freak the hell out. I'm freaked out now, and its not even my kid. Go figure.
And the next thing I saw was on Zoot's site. Book banning? Come on, do they still do that for real? I guess so. I looked at the 100 most challenged books, and my jaw hit the floor. I've read half of them. I own half of them. Of course all the Harry Potter books are on there. But Judy Blume? How to Eat Fried Worms? To Kill a Mocking Bird? these are classics. Man if dont want your kids to read them, then dont let them, but dont ruin it for all the other kids. Tanner is only 1 and I want to go out and buy them all so just in case they are banned he can read them when he's older. It seems to be that we should be encouraging our kids to read not telling no don't read that, or that, or that. Reading is good for the soul. Everyone should be able to enjoy it. So go check out Zoots blog and read about the "I read banned books" week. I dont know about you, but I plan on jumping on the band wagon.
On a lighter note. We're in NC. My folks are still in Fl. and they will be home tomorrow evening. So we will be swimming and relaxing all day. Its nice not to have anything to do. Tanner's had a rough day. My parents Tanner proofed the house before they left, except for the gate in front of the fire place, and of course he pulled it on top of him. That sucker is heavy. He's got to bruises on his poor face. He slammed his finger in the laudry room door and took a nose dive onto the side of the couch hitting his cheek. He has been a real klutz today. He's fine. Just clumsy.

Posted by Heather Noel :: 11:45 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------