Flaugh's Flaws
Flaugh's Flaws

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

If you see a possum in the road...HIT IT

Dont be like me and swere to miss it. Because like me you might loose control of your car, roll it and end up in the ER all before 8am this morning. Yes thats how my morning started out. I was on my way to work at 540am like always. For those of you who dont live around here the roads are very dark, and the speed limit is 55. I never do the speed limit because I am scared of the animals that run into the road. So like I said I was on my way to work and this possum decideds to mozey his way into the road, and I swerved to miss him. I've done this a hundred times in the past so what made this differant I dont know. But I lost control of my care, went into a spin, hit the side of the road and rolled my little car. I'm fine!! Just a little shaken up and bruised but fine. Its crazy when people say it happens so fast...it really does. Once everything stopped, I had to get my barrings and realized I was sitting on the roof of my car. I couldnt open the doors. Luckily someone saw me crash and stopped. He called the police and broke out my window so he could talk to me. The cop let me use his cell phone to call Scott, because we had to wait for the paramedics to cover all the glass so I could get out. Everyone was wonderful. Even though I was fine they still strapped me to that board and cuffed my neck and sent me in the ambulance to the hostpital. The hardest thing I think was seeing the look on Scotts face when he saw them pull me out off the car. (Sigh) I was home before 9am, the ER doc told me to expect to fee worse tomorrow and expect some bruising. I all I can say is I have God to thank, because everyone was saying how lucky I was. I havent seen my car yet, it was towed and I guess we will go look at it on Thurs when Scott is off. I know someone was looking out for me. The crazy thing is on the way home Scott pointed out where I crashed, and it was right in front of 2 crosses someone had put up...like I said I had someone was looking out for me. And in case you wanted to know, I killed the possum anyway.
Posted by Heather Noel :: 6:28 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------