Flaugh's Flaws
Flaugh's Flaws

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Banned books...day 7

"I solomly swear that I am up to no good." Which I'm obviously not since I have read all six books at least 5 times each. All six of them are on the banned book list. Thats crazy. I love all the Harry books, I reread all of them right before a new one comes out. Who doesn't love Hogwarts? I can't wait until Tanner can read these books. Because I know he will enjoy all of them. J.K. Rowlings is a genius. How many writers can keep the world cheering for more six books later? With the same characters and places. Not too many. These are by far my favorite books. I get my copies early. When the Half Blood Prince came out I was at Wal-Mart at 530am to get my copy. Books like this should be treasured not banned. I hope they are around long enough for my children to read them. They are already classics. I hope they get the chance to stay that way. Well there you have it. A weeks worth of banned books. I really enjoyed doing this. I hope you have enjoyed reading about the books. Reading is a big part of my life. Banning books is pointless. And useless, because in the end, if someone really wants to read one of the books they will find a way to do so. And I hope they do. We should encourage reading, not provoke some kind of sick fear into our children. Its our job to teach them what's good and bad. To help them make choices. So I hope these books are around for them to make those kind of choices...

Posted by Heather Noel :: 12:32 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------