Flaugh's Flaws
Flaugh's Flaws

Sunday, February 18, 2007

The best thing ever

I've noticed lately that I haven't been keeping up with my blogging like I use to. I use to be good with daily updates and pictures, now I think I post, I mean really post maybe twice a week. That really kinda bums me out because it reminds me how hectic my life really has become. I mean I'm gone from home from 7-7, and when I get home I have to get Tanner ready for bed, do my homework, and get everything ready for the next day. Its a never ending cycle. Then on the weekends its time to clean and spend time with Tanner so anything else has become less important, and I hate that because I love blogging. Its one of the true relaxing things I get to do. I will have to try to set away a time to blog everyday again. Even if it right before bed. I know other people do this all the time, and you know what I really admire them, because its killing me. Everyday I think about quiting my job. When I started it was only suppose to be temporary, but the extra money has helped us and I love working with kids. But I almost never see Scott anymore. And its taking a toll on us. We never have any alone time. Even when he's off on Tuse and Wed. I'm in bed by 10 so its like I only see him for 3 hours, and when I 'm off Sat and Sun he sleeps late because he doesn't get home 'til almost 3am. I try to wait up for him but most of the time it doesn't work. He was home last night and I fell asleep by 11. No matter how hard I try I just cant stay awake. My body is worn out. I never get to sleep in, even on my days off I'm up at 730 with Tanner. I'm lucky if I get to take a nap sometime during the day. And to top it off, I'm picking up 2 more classes starting tomorrow. So I'll have 6 classes. UGH!! Yes I'm just whining now. But I just needed to get that out. I know it will be worth when I get a better job. But right now I'm having to remind myself why I'm doing this. I know it will all work out, and everything good comes with some kind of sacrifice, but.....
Okay, lets talk about something or someone else. Tanner. My big man. He's getting into everything, he's getting independent, and so smart. Everyday he surprises me with some new word or phrase he's learned. And no matter how tired I get of Deigo or Wonderpets, I realize that he's learning from it. He sings along with the songs. I can actually understand him. I was looking at a magazine yesterday and he looks at it and points to something and say "That yellow" and indeed it was. I know a lot of that has to do with him going to daycare now too. He can count...if I say one, he'll say two, and so forth to five. We're still working on the ABC's. But I'm amazed at how well he knows his animals, we can tell him once and he will remember it. My mother in law bought him the Deigo rescue pack and it came with an animal card...a Taber. Well he knows what that card is, and when he saw it on Deigo he was like "Taber, Taber" I think its awesome. He has grown up so much in the past few months. He wants to play games and color all the time. He loves to dance and sing, and he is very creative. I hope he keeps that he keeps that as he gets older. I love watching him with his little JoJo figures. He'll set them up on the table and play like they're talking to each other. He hides them in the same place so only he knows where they are. He's also became quite the comedian, and he thinks being funny and cute can keep him out of trouble. We're having to nip that in the bud. I mean who is he to think that cuteness can save him from time out? (It does sometimes...I cant help it). When we went out for my birthday, he was throwing all the crayons on the floor so I told him in my "mommy" voice that was enough, and he proceeded to tell me "You Enough!" All of us were shocked but hid our smiles long enough for me to tell him he doesn't tell mommy that. Whether or not it sank in I don't know. Its hard not to laugh when he says stuff like that. I want to tell him to stop mocking me, but thanks to Scott and and Stewie from Family Guy, he walks around say "Stop mocking me!" likes it a joke. (Told you comedian) If someone would have told me 3 years ago parenthood would be so entertaining I would have been yeah right, but man its the best. Even with the dirty diapers, the mocking, and early mornings, and the never ending Dora and Deigo, its the greatest thing I have ever experienced. And I guess that makes everything else worth it.

Labels: ,


Posted by Heather Noel :: 9:46 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------