Flaugh's Flaws
Flaugh's Flaws

Monday, February 13, 2006

How far would you go...

So how far would you go to save your child? To the end of the world and back again right? No questions asked. Lets take it a step further, what if you found out your child has cancer. What if their best chance for survival is a sibling donor? What if you don't have one? Do you have a baby in hopes that it will be the perfect match? Then the Dr tells you they can test your embryos for the perfect genetic match do you do it? Then when your baby is born and the procedures begin, how do you treat that baby? Is your concern still your first born or for both of them? As a parent can you do this in good conscience? By saving one you cause on physical and mental pain...So what do you do. What happens when that child becomes older and starts to ask questions, do you give them the choice? Okay, now I know everyone is probably wonder where I got this? I've been reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piclout. And this is the basic plot of the story. Anna was born to keep Kate alive. And now that she is 13 she's questioning her existence. Is she only there to keep Kate alive? Is that the only reason they love her? I'm just about half way through it and my heart aches for this character. The anguish she must feel not wanting to go through with the kidney transplant for her sister. How fair is it to that kind of responsibility on a child. To know if she says no, her best friend and sister will die....So I ask how far would you go? I will post my opinion with the comments. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.
Posted by Heather Noel :: 6:28 PM :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------